Agenda – Special Commission Meeting – September 4, 2014
September 4, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.
Shasta Lake City Council Chambers
4488 Red Bluff Street, Shasta Lake City, California 96019
The Shasta Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) welcomes you to its meetings which are regularly scheduled for the first Thursday of every other month beginning at 9:00 a.m. This meeting is to be held as noticed above. Meeting times and locations may be changed from time to time when necessary. Your interest is encouraged and appreciated. If requested, the agenda and its documents shall be made available alternate formats to persons with a disability pursuant to Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and federal rules and regulations adopted in implementation thereof. Upon receipt of written request, the requested materials will be mailed at the time the agenda is posted pursuant to Government Code 54954.2. Attachments for this meeting are available in PDF on the agenda posted on our website at: www.shasta.lafco.ca.gov . Please let us know if you have difficulties downloading the attachments.
1. CALL TO ORDER
a. Roll Call
b. Pledge of Allegiance offered by Commissioner Baugh
2. PUBLIC COMMENT
Members of the public are invited to address the Commission at this time regarding any item that is not scheduled for discussion as part of this agenda, and that are within the jurisdiction of LAFCO. Comments may be limited to three (3) minutes per person. No action will be taken by the Commission at this meeting as a result of items presented at this time.
3. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
a. Additions/Changes to the Agenda
b. Business/Campaign Conflict Disclosures* (Chair)
*Government C ode Section 84608 requires that a Commissioner (regular or alternate) disqualify herself or himself and not participate in a proceeding involving an “entitlement for use” application if, within the last twelve (12) months, the Commissioner has received $250.00 or more in business or campaign contributions from an applicant, an agent of an applicant, or any financially interested person who actively supports or opposes a decision on the matter. A LAFCO decision approving a proposal (e.g., for an annexation) will often be an “entitlement for use” within the meaning of Section 84308. Sphere of Influence determinations are exempt under Government Code Section 84308. If you are an applicant or an agent of an applicant on such a matter to be heard by the Commission and you have made business or campaign contributions totaling $250.00 or more to any Commissioner in the past twelve (12) months, Section 84308(d) requires that you disclose that fact for the official record of the proceeding. The disclosure of any such contribution (including the amount of the contribution and the name of the recipient Commissioner) must be made either 1) in writing and delivered to the Secretary of the Commission prior to the hearing on the matter, or 2) By oral declaration made at the time the hearing on the matter is opened.
4. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: None
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (Government Coded 56857)
a. Approval of minutes
1) August 7, 2014 Meeting
c. Notification/Status of pending and/or new applications (information only)
1) #2012-03 – Mayers Memorial HD/Annexation #1; (under initial review)
2) #2013-03 – Mountain Gate CSD/Union School Road Reorganization (pending completion of Property Tax Exchange agreements)
3) #2014-01 – Shasta CSD/Foxwood #2 Reorganization received 07/10/2014 (under initial review)
4) #2014-02 – Burney WD/Highmark Annexation received 07/15/2014 (under initial review)
6. Payment of Claims FY 2013-2014
a. Consulting Services
7. Correspondence (information only) None
8. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
Please Note: Only those issues which are brought up at the public hearing described in this agenda or in written correspondence delivered to the LAFCO Commissioners at or prior to the hearing, may be raised in any legal challenge to the actions taken by the Commission.
a. SOI/MSR Update Hearings:
1) County Service Area # – Sugarloaf, Exhibit a, Exhibit b, Exhibit c, Exhibit d, Exhibit e, Exhibit f
2) Shasta Lake Fire Protection District, Exhibit a, Exhibit b, Exhibit c, Exhibit d, Exhibit e, Exhibit f, Exhibit g
3) City of Shasta Lake, Exhibit a, Exhibit b, Exhibit c, Exhibit d, Exhibit e, Exhibit f
4) Shasta Community Services District, Exhibit a, Exhibit b, Exhibt c, Exhibit d, Exhibit e, Exhibt f, Exhibit g
5) Centerville Community Services District (Request to Tabled)
b. Continued Hearings: None
9. NEW BUSINESS: Miscellaneous non-project or Commission initiated matters
a. Conflict of Interest Disqualification Summary (Information/Discussion)
10. OLD BUSINESS:
a. Continued matters or non-hearing related matters (Possible Action): None at this time.
b. Commission Committee Reports (information):
1) Fiscal Committee
2) Executive Committee
3) Next Meetings: September 24, 2014 @ Shasta LAFCO offices (Audit @ 10:00 a.m.; Executive @ 3:00 p.m.
11. EXECUTIVE OFFICER REPORT
a. Administrative & Operations
3) Master MSR/SOI Study Update
12. CLOSED SESSION
1) Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(c): Potential Litigation (one matter)
2) Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(c): Potential Litigation (one matter)
b. Announcement of reportable actions, if any:
13. COMMISSIONER ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
a. Conferences, meetings, and events of interest to Commissioners:
1) CALAFCO Annual Conference, October 14-17, 2014 (Morgan/Lopez attending)
b. Next Meeting: October 2nd at the Redding City Council Chambers
c. Future proposed agenda items:
1) Continued MSR/SOI reviews;
2) Presentation of applications as they mature to hearing stage.
15. ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING