Shasta LAFCO currently has a vacancy for a Special District Member (Seat 2). The vacancy is due to a Member not being re-elected to their District Board and therefore a new Regular Commission member will be elected to serve the remainder of the existing term ending January 2024. A separate nomination and balloting period for the term beginning in 2024 will be conducted near the end of this year and will result in the selection of two (2) Regular Special District Members and one (1) Alternate Special District Member.
The selection of Regular and Alternate Special District members of the Commission are undertaken separately for these respective statutory offices. As a result, when nominations and balloting occurs each vacant LAFCO office is filled only by persons nominated (and elected where required) for the two respective categories of vacant offices. Persons can therefore be nominated for both vacant Regular and Alternate Commissioner positions simultaneously, but if there is a resulting Regular Commissioner election only persons nominated and elected for that office can fill a Regular Commissioner vacancy. Similarly, only persons nominated (and elected where required) for vacant Alternate Commissioner positions may be selected to fill an Alternate Commissioner vacancy.
Notices sent to Special Districts
- Shasta LAFCO request for nominations mailed to independent Special Districts via certified mail and email by December 9, 2022 – completed.
- Nominations due to Shasta LAFCO by 4:00 p.m. February 1, 2023 – completed.
- Ballots mailed to independent Special Districts via certified mail and email by February 3, 2023 – completed.
- Ballots due to Shasta LAFCO by 4:00 p.m. March 27, 2023 completed
- Ballots opened and tallied at the Shasta LAFCO office; successful candidate notified by March 28, 2023 completed
- Election results mailed to independent Special Districts via U.S. mail and email by March 29, 2023 completed